Safety and Security
To protect the security of our students and staff and the learning environment at our schools, visitors are requested to conform to the following guidelines:
- All visitors to campus must report to the school office, present their photo ID, sign in, state reason for being on campus and obtain approval from the authorized designee.
- All visitors to school campus shall wear a visitor name badge provided by the school office.
- Visitors who wish to disseminate information on campus must comply with SPMS policies.
- Visitors may not recruit for fund-raising activities, religious groups, youth groups or political causes when visiting school campus in accordance with this policy.
- Visitors are requested to wear appropriate attire when visiting SPMS.
- A request for a parent and/or others to visit a classroom must be approved by the Principal. Approval shall be subject to the classroom activities scheduled for the day of the requested visit and must be conducted in accordance with SPMS policies.
- Due to privacy issues, videotaping in the school campus is not permitted. Exceptions shall be granted only by the Principal or designee.
- Visitor who fails to comply with any of these guidelines and/or SPMS policies may be prohibited from visiting the school.
SPMS' comprehensive safety and security program includes:
- Uniformed officers who provide traffic safety services on school premises with an indicated need.
- Uniformed officers who provide security and law enforcement services on campus and at athletic events, socials, promos and other events as deemed necessary on campus after hours.
- Uniformed officers assigned in a liaison capacity to develop a rapport between students and uniformed officers. The officers also serve as counselors and instructors on matters related to law enforcement.
- CCTV systems in the school help administrators monitor the interior and exterior of the building. The systems also are tied into the access control system, so personnel can see persons requesting entrance into the building.
- Weapons and threat assessment guidelines are in place.
- Comprehensive emergency procedure plans are in place.